Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yes, it has been a while.....

I've been experiencing such crazy days and situations, as you may well have expected. Going into the new chapter of my life I knew things would be drastically different, and, I was not mistaken.

The last few weeks seem to have flown by in a blur. Sometimes I don't think I can keep up.

Last week I met with my lawyer for the first time. I'm not so sure I like him, R referred him to me because he was a good friend. It bothers me a bit that this man will be digging into some very personal aspects of my life, finances, and possessions. He is a complete stranger to me. Not only that, he is a good friend to R. Would they be discussing my situation without me present? And, what exactly would they be discussing? Perhaps I'm making to much of the situation, perhaps I'm not.

He's such a suave guy, and so handsome, but I get such a bad feeling around him. He is a predator circling fresh kill.

6 comments:

Dee's Husband Joe said...

That predatory thing... All lawyers creep me out like that; I don't think you can avoid it, but it's something you'll want to have working for you in the proceedings. The better this guy is at going for the jugular, the better you'll fare, hopefully, when all is said, done, and divided.

I've missed you. Glad you dropped by to post.

Joe

ArtfulDodger said...

RUN AWAY! Do not walk. You don't feel good around him, he's a friend of R's, get yourself another lawyer. believe me, you'll feel much better. Consoltations are free, go see a few and pick one you do feel comfortable with. I do it all the time with business and have been interviewing divorce lawyers for the past three weeks myself and still haven't found the right one yet.

My two cents.

Anonymous said...

Artful Dodger is right - RUN. If you're not comfortable with the man, you can't contribute to the process and you may not be able to speak up about something you're not comfortable with. I've been in legal services for 20 years - AND have gone through a divorce AND and nasty custody battle (for 2 years!). Get yourself someone you are comfortable with - talk to people - there ARE great attorneys who "go for the jugular" and get you everything and more, but you can still be comfortable with. This has nothing to do with who's friends with whom - it's business - and it's YOUR business.

Desireous said...

I agree it is probably not a good thing to feel uncomfortable about this guy. You need a lawyer you can trust!

Glad to see you back!

Hugs
Des

Woman with a Secret said...

I've given everyone's advice some serious thought, and I agree. I should feel comfortable with the person I'm going to be trusting to handle such a personal and emotional time.

Anonymous said...

Gotta be sure his prey is your Ex, not you, dear.