Monday, July 17, 2006

Flirtation

His eyes flirted with mine from across the room. From a sideways glance I smile in return, then quickly look away.

His colleagues are surrounding him, demanding his attention, they are the least of his concern at the moment. The only person in the room that he is even aware of is me.

Casually sitting with his partner, I tip the wine glass to my lips and sip. The partner is boring me, but I make no move to leave. I pretend to be interested in a conversation that eludes me, every once in a while a smile appears on my lips, every once in a while I ask what his stance is on the subject.

All the while I am waiting for my chance to be alone with him, the only one in the room who captures my full attention, I glance again in his direction and wave.

Then laugh as the partner teases me and my indiscretions, wishing he had found me first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, who exactly is "Him"?

Alfro

Leigh said...

It is amazing what all could be said with eyes. I love this!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...a new player ?

Woman with a Secret said...

;) It wasn't R, however, he does have some real possibility.