Sunday, March 12, 2006

And the doctor just looked at me

When I collapsed at work, my boss had driven me to the ER to get a quick check. I had been battling a cold all week, but I had so much to do at work, in the end I overtaxed myself.

The doctor on call had decided to admit me. My temperature was higher then he was comfortable with, not to mention the upper respiratory infection that had set in.

I called my husband and explained to him what had happened. Because it was my week with the kids, I needed him to take care of them.

R had stopped by my work and found out I had been rushed to the hospital after collapsing in a meeting. Worried, he rushed to the hospital to see if I was ok. By this time, I had been admitted to a room and pretty much crashed from exhaustion and not feeling well. Almost at the same time R arrived, my husband arrived as well.

I was lying in the bed, the doctor was pointing a light in my eyes asking how I was feeling.

From almost a million miles away I could hear R say "What are you doing here?" His voice was harsh, much harsher then I'd ever heard before.

"You may be fucking her, but I'm still her husband Prick!" my husbands voice, just as harshly, replied.

The doctor just looked at me, maybe it was the IV, maybe it was my exhaustion, but I just replied "I'm not perfect, I'm so sorry. I'm separated...."

"Would you like me to get rid of them?" he was very kind, and I appreciated it so much.

"Yes," I said, and closed my eyes. I was so tired.

4 comments:

Admin said...

get well soon okay

my best wishes
-adam

ArtfulDodger said...

(Looks like you have some comment Spam issues beautiful.)

Oh Legs I know where you are coming from, I ended up in the ER last week and stayed overnight, was hallucinating and feverish. They don't know what I have, so crazy ass atypical virus thing that has kicked my butt. Hope you are feeling better sweetie.

Woman with a Secret said...

Yikes!! I've been spammed big time!

Dee's Husband Joe said...

Hope you're feeling better 'cause I'm looking forward to more of your ongoing saga now that I've read your entire blog and caught up with you.

Joe