Sunday, March 11, 2007

Prognosis Negative

While I am absolutely relieved that I am indeed, NOT pregnant, I'm baffled at the same time.

It is now 11 days past due, and no period in sight. No PMS, no nothing.

So, here I sit, on a sunny Sunday afternoon, researching possible causes of my missed period. I know it isn't menopause, I'm only 32 years old. I'm not pregnant, both tests, taken on 2 separate days, have both come back negative. I'm at a loss.

I have read an article, however, that has given me a plausible reason for my missed period.

Stress.

Believe it or not, a woman who is under great amounts of stress will from time to time miss her menstrual flow. As wacky as this sounds, I am prone to believe this theory. I have been under so much stress for the past few weeks that I've literally reached the point of insanity and somehow made my way back.

Only time will tell, I am eager to see what next month brings.

3 comments:

El Cuervo said...

Hopefully it will be just stress, either way you should still visit a doctor, you know? At least the pregnancy was a no go, that would really complicate things for you.

I'm really glad you are back!

Woman with a Secret said...

el cuervo, wise advice! I'm giving it one more week, but if nothing happens, I'm making an appointment. I hate to say it, but, I find this very scary.

uhavegot2bkidn said...

I wouldn't wig out too much. Although I've never missed a period due to stress or anxiety, I have broke out into a nasty case of hives that last a month! This is a sign, though...your body will only give you so many warnings before something more serious gives...