Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sleep Eludes Me

I'm unable to sleep tonight, try as I might. I hate it when I get this way.

The power went out for several hours this morning throwing my entire day off. Without power I could not shower and get ready to meet R for lunch, without power I had no phone to let him know this. It's amazing how dependent people are on something like electricity.

If I had charged my dead cell phone last night, I could have called him on the cell. If I had a normal phone that merely plugged into the wall, I could have called him on that. Needless to say, because I hate to talk on the phone, it is not a priority of mine to charge my cell and it is also a necessity that I keep a phone that has a dependable answering machine.

I was sitting on the couch, still wearing pajamas, when R arrived at my home in somewhat of a panic. The time had slipped past faster than I had realized as I lazily sat, reading a new book. I had been so engrossed in the novel that I did not even hear him pull up the drive, he startled me as he started to bang on the door.

"Are you ok?" he reached out and hugged on to me as I opened the door. Worry lines creased his brow.

"I'm fine, my power is out because of the storm, I couldn't call you," embarrassed at my appearance, I smoothed out my wrinkled shirt and flipped my hair out of my eyes.

"I was worried about you. The last time we spoke you were pissed off at me because of the conference call, then you didn't show up for lunch," the worry beginning to wear off, R was now a bit frustrated with me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't charge my phone last night, I would have called if I could have," placing both hands on his chest I leaned up and kissed his chin.

"You know I worry about you," wrapping his arms about me, he kissed my forehead, tension slipping from his body.

He suggested we go to his house so I could shower and I gladly accepted. Even though I know he has seen me at my worst I still become embarrassed when I don't look my best for him.

As I knew he would accept, I requested R join me in the shower to wash my hair. The most amazing feeling in the world is to have strong arms wrapped around you, soft lips upon your own, and hot water splashing against your skin. I could feel myself melt into his embrace, hungry for his touch. I wanted so much more then he was giving me, and he knew it.

"You're such a spoiled brat," he teased me. "Always pouting when you don't get what you want," kissing me hard on the lips before I can protest. A slight smile plays across his lips as I tilt my head back into the stream of water.

Dipping his head down, he begins to lick and suck my nipples, teasing me, enticing me, creating an urgent need within me.

"Oh, Honeyman, you know you like it when I pout for you," I purred in his ear.

1 comment:

jack said...

Sorry about the power outage. May have occured when we were chatting as we got disconnected. So sad. I hope you had a fulfilling time with R as was needed. Love to chat again.

Woody