Sunday, February 12, 2006

Come see me

For the first time since the funeral I ventured out today, it was nice to be out and about again. My husband has been irritated with me lately, he doesn't understand the entire world doesn't revolve around his wants, needs, and expectations. Sometimes the rest of us have sad times, sometimes the rest of us need the world to revolve around us too.

The phone rang as I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, contemplating for probably the millionth time what in the heck I was doing with my life. Assuming it was my husband, I picked the receiver up and said only one word, "What?" He and I had gotten into an argument just before he and the kids left the house, the last thing in the world I wanted was to argue more about the pile of dirty laundry sitting in the middle of the floor in the laundry room.

"I miss you girl, when in the hell are you going to get out of that God damn bed join the living again?" it was R. He sounded so calm and soothing, I started to cry immediately, I hadn't spoken to him since the day of the funeral.

"I...", sob, "I.... can I come over?" I needed to be with him, I wanted to be with him.

"Yes, baby, you can come over anytime you feel like it," with tears streaming down my cheeks, I smiled, and sniffed back sobs, and told him I would be right over.

1 hour later I arrived on R's doorstep, not looking my absolute best, but I was feeling a million times better. My hair was a little damp yet from the shower, and my eyes were puffy and red, but all I really wanted was to have R's arms wrapped about me, to have him whisper in my ear that things were going to be ok.

And, that's exactly what he did.

That small act of kindness ignited the passions within me, I wanted him more than anything in the entire world, and I wanted him now. Leaning my head back, staring directly into his eyes, I kissed his lips and asked him to make love to me. Sliding my hands down his chest, I rubbed my palms across his nipples, using my fingertips to tease them through his shirt.

Pulling away from his firm grip, I slid my t-shirt over my head, dropping it to the floor. Placing one hand on R's chest, I leaned up and kissed him again, then removed my jeans as well.

To be continued.....

No comments: