Saturday, February 25, 2006

So Many Things

So many things have happened since my last post. It would take me forever and a day to document them all.

I was given a choice and I chose R. As hard as it is to say, it wasn't as hard a decision to make as I thought it would be.

When I thought about my husband, I thought about how much we had been through together, and how our lives had changed. I thought about how I was in the recovery room after I had my youngest son, all alone, while my husband and my older son and my mother-in-law all went out for breakfast. I had been devastated that he didn't stay with me, to see that my blood pressure had returned to normal, to see that I was recovering from the surgery ok. I cried, the nurses told me it was post partum depression. It was definitely depression, but it had nothing to do with anything 'post partum'.

When I thought about R, I thought about the soup incident. I was so touched by that one tiny little gesture, it will forever remain in my heart. I thought about every time he made me smile and how he would smile in return. I thought about the time he told me he loved me, and how I had freaked out. I freaked out because I loved him too. In the end, the decision was simple.

I could live without my husband, I could not live without R.

As for R, I had to finally tell him about the mess I was in. Several days had gone by and I had not spoken a word to him, he was beside himself with worry. When he stopped by my office and found that I hadn't been to work in two days he came out to my house.

My husband had already packed up a few things and left to stay at an apartment he had rented. My decision had already been made.

I explained to R what had happened between sobs. I also explained to him the choice I had made, and why I made it. He hugged me, kissed my forehead, and asked me why I hadn't come to him.

Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't. If I had, I would forever wonder if I had made the decision based on my own true feelings.

6 comments:

DH said...

I've been keeping up with the events in your life and though I haven't commented regularly, please know you can count me as one of your supporters and if you ever need another sounding board (though you already have a good one with R), I'm here...as I guess maybe many others are as well.

ArtfulDodger said...

Legs - Finally an update! :) I understand, but it has been nerve wracking checking in everyday, knew you had some big decisions to make. I'm sure it wasn't easy, heck I'm going through those myself right now, but you followed your heart. Best of luck to you and to R and to the rest of your life. Hang in there. Kisses.

Anonymous said...

though i dont much about what goes on inside both your relationships i felt that you were better off with R simply because there is much more of a relationship with him. Hope you're all ok .
*hug*

Amelia Sartoysha said...

I feel like you have opened a door letting in fresh air. I have been following your blog for awhile. You have lots of fans rooting for you. We all just want you to be happy. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Anonymous said...

I too have been following your blog since the start, and although I don't agree with some of your decisions, I have not been walking in your shoes. I have only seen what you have allowed.

But, what I have seen, if "R" can bring that passion out of you that you so desire.. and need.. (that your husband can not)

Then it is time for you to move on and be with your passion, becouse that passion is "R".

And not everyone has an "R"

-K-

Woman with a Secret said...

oh my! I am so touched at all of your responses, I really am!

I loved what amelia said in her comment.

"I feel like you have opened a door letting in fresh air."

It couldn't be more on the money, believe it or not. Thanks so much, to all of you, your thoughts and comments are so appreciated.