Friday, February 17, 2006

What happens when you are no longer desired?

You end up like me.

We talked last night, for a long time, we talked. Oddly, I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders even though I am 100% uncertain about my future.

As with most people, I have matured and mellowed over time. Gone are the days where I would party late into the night, stumbling home drunk, throwing up for an hour, sleeping for three, then heading off to work. Those were the days when I barely ate, when I desperately depended on my husband, when I was clueless to life.

Unfortunately, that is the woman my husband wants, and loves, not the woman I have become. How very odd it is for me to sit here and think about, I'm so much better now then I was then. I was 50lbs thinner then, a very unhealthy lifestyle was taking it's toll on me.

But, those are the days he misses. Those are the days when I was 'fun'.

I'm glad I know the truth, and that he was honest with me. I was honest with him too. I told him about R.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And does he have someone else? I bet he does.

Anonymous said...

Change is the only impermanence in life.
Its strange how things were so much a part of our life are different from the things we want later on. Its no one's fault, its the passage of time taking its toll.
i wonder if he will let you go and be with R ....
wishing u the best
*hugs*

Desireous said...

Well obviously your well being isn't on his priority list. Which is really a shame. You deserve far better than that! I wish you much strength and luck in your new journey!

Hugs
Des