Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....

R and I were out for the evening, having a few drinks, listening to the band play. Sitting side by side at the table, I'm sure we looked every bit the sappy 'new' couple. In honesty, we sit like that so we can play and tease each other without being noticed.

I had excused myself to use the restroom and was in route when she appeared out of nowhere. A blond woman who looked to be about 10 years older then myself, nonetheless, she was very classy and beautiful.

"Don't worry, he'll grow tired of you as well," she hissed as she flicked ashes from the end of her cigarette.

"Pardon me?" I hadn't caught the gist of her comment, but I did catch the hate with which she threw it at me.

"Listen Girly, he's going to break your heart into a million pieces just like all the rest of us. Just give it a month or two," and with that, she turned on her heel, leaving me to think about what had just happened.

Forgetting about the original reason I had wandered from our table, I returned back to R and sat beside him again.

"I think we should go, something weird just happened to me." I had planned not to say a word, and there I was spilling my guts.

"What do you mean? What's going on?" I looked down at my lap as R's words of concern made me wish I hadn't said a word.

"A woman just approached me as I was headed to the restroom, she seemed very angry at you, I don't know, I guess I just didn't know what to think," I looked up into his eyes. The band had started playing again forcing me to nearly yell my response.

"What woman, where did she go?" he yelled back, quickly scanning the room for anyone he could recognize. She turned her head at the exact moment he looked her way, immediate recognition. "Holy shit,"

"What, what is it?" My growing concern was getting the best of me. The band was between songs now as he spoke.

"That's the one, the one I was seeing when we first met," R's eyes moved back to mine, his lips formed into a smile. "Then I met you and everyone else paled in comparison."

R and I have been seeing each other, in secret and otherwise, for almost 2 years now. I'm not cerain, but, I do believe that if he were going to break my heart, he would have done so by now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love it when he says, "that's my girl". That is just such a turn on!!
dixiebelle1990@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Don't let some scorned woman get you worried... just know that he wanted you and not her and that probably makes her just a little jealous. Just enjoy him and let the rest go. :)

Romantic Perv said...

Just wanted to let you know you have a new reader. Just found you yesterday, and managed to read through ALL your previous posts. Typically I only hit the early days briefly on a blog i just found to get the beginings then stay current. With yours I got so engrossed that I ended up going through all your archives.

Already looking forward to your next post.

--RP

C said...

I agree with just me's comment. He wants you apparently and not her - even though it was a pretty cheesy yet sweet line. hehe :)

DRC said...

She was probably just jealous of you, he choose you over her!