Sunday, June 04, 2006

Small Town America

I live in small town America, USA. Sometimes it really pisses me off!

Having gone without cable for 3 days, which means I've had to go without internet too, I was less then pleased to hear, from the cable company, they are 'rebuilding lines' and they are sorry for the inconvenience, but they don't plan to stop a thing they are doing, and I should be prepared for outages for the next 2 months.

What the hell kind of answer is that??

The kind of answer someone who is secure in the fact that I will deal with it because I have few other options available to me. I've tried the satellite thing, doesn't work. In fact, I think I may live in a satellite dead zone. I'm certain if one were to fly overhead, it would drop right out of the sky and land in my front yard. If I was lucky, I could try reselling it on Ebay and make a mini fortune.

Hmmm...... oddly, I feel better now that I've griped, I should do it more often. Perhaps then I wouldn't have gotten into my first real argument with R over a stupid roll of toilet paper. Oh well, here's to hoping I get a little make-up sex tonight.

5 comments:

Desireous said...

So it's true then? People really do fight over toilet paper? LOL

I understand I live in a very rural area too and it presents many hardships. But it's quiet and so nice and cool in the summer. So I deal.

Hugs
Des

Spirit57 said...

I as well live outside the madness of the big city ...but close enough that I can use an aircard with my laptop ...it's the only connection other than dial-up available.
Being married for 25 years ...fighting over toilet paper ...has made our top 10 list of silly arguments ....lol.

C said...

Complain to them and make them give you those 2 months free since it will be filled with outages.

Good luck getting that make-up sex, but the toilet paper HAS to roll from the top. ;) Hehe!

DRC said...

I live in a rural area and I swear sometimes I think I get the shows a day late on cable. My last cable outage was caused by a cow scratching her ass against the power pole.
I'll bet toliet paper has caused more arguments in a home than most people realize. I always put it on wrong!!LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»