Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Home for the Holidays

It amazes me that I miss R already. He met me this afternoon to give me my Christmas present and kiss me goodbye before he headed back home for the holidays. It's normal for a day or two to pass without us seeing each other, it's never bothered me before. The fact that I know he is not at home, that I can't just pick up the phone and say Hi when I'm thinking about him, that's the part that is bothering me. He is never far from my thoughts, I often wonder if he thinks about me as well. I rationalize he must or he wouldn't be calling me nearly as much as he does. Not a day passes that he does not speak with me at least once on the phone.

We stood in the hallway, kissing, my arms about his waist. Such a warm and tender kisser, I love the feel of his lips and tongue against mine. Kissing me one last time on the forehead he reassured me that he was only going to be gone until Monday. I pouted and looked down at the carpet, I didn't want him to go, but I know full well that he needs to spend the holidays with his family. I can be so selfish at times, I would have given anything to keep him all to myself.

I think he secretly likes the fact that I behave that way. He would never tell me that, but I can see it in the way he smiles and tries to appease me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough time of the year to try to maintain a secret relationship --- pulled between family and other loves . . . cheer up, Muffin. Think about all of the bleak, cold winter nights ahead, with him to keep you warm.

Woman with a Secret said...

Thanks Jim, I shall think about those nights.

I want to start by saying that R makes a decent living, that in no way has anything to do with why I do what I do. I am not in the practice of accepting money or gifts from him for anything other then a birthday or holiday. That said......

My gift to him was a specially framed photo of himself and his dad from when he was a child. I actually stole the photo, he had no idea, he had shown me before and had mentioned how he should have it framed. The frame shop placed some fly fishing lures and a few other tidbits along the edge of the matte. (It's a picture of he and his father at the river fishing.) I was very pleased with how it turned out. So was R, he smiled the most wonderful smile when he opened it.

R's gift to me was an absolutely beautiful watch. I gasped in shock when I opened the box. He commented that I won't have to ask him the time anymore if I had my own time piece. It's so beautiful that I'm actually afraid to wear it.