Friday, December 23, 2005

Miss me?

At the risk of sounding totally pathetic, I do miss him. A lot. And, I have way too much time on my hands at the moment. The following is the nearly word for word conversation we just had. (Yes, I am in fact 31 and not 17, even though the contents of this post would probably have you believing otherwise.)

R - Hey Sweetie, how are you?

Me- Hi! I'm good, I'm so glad you called. (Big smile on my face)

R - (quiet laughter) I miss you. Guess what my Mom did.

Me - What?

R - She pulled me aside to ask me if I was gay. (Loud laughter)

Me - OMG! No way! (Giggling) What did you say?

R - No Mom, I'm not gay.

Me - She's worried about you.

R - She worries too much. I'm 41 years old. I think I can take care of myself.

Me - She's a Mom, that's what Moms do. You were quite the ladies man, you know.

R - I know.

Me - (Smiling big) I can hear her talking to you. You'd better hang that bell for her. (Laughing)

R - Ok. I miss you.

Me - Miss you too. Bye.

R - Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a normal "quickie" conversation --- no time for passion. Hope he gets back to you soon, sweetie. The holidays are meant to be shared and savored . . .

XO