Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Irony

I stopped to pick up an elderly coworker for work this morning. I had bagels and cream cheese sitting in the back seat for everyone in my department. As we headed through the door she exclaimed to everyone "[Woman with a secret] is such a sweetheart. What would we do without her?" I forced a small smile, and thought of this blog, and the secrets I have been documenting in anonymity.

My husband spoke to me this morning for the first time since Saturday. I was in the shower, lost in thought, letting the hot water run down my body. "Are you ok?" he said.

"Yes," I replied. I was still standing there, eyes closed, letting the hot water relax my nerves.

"Ok," he said and left the bathroom. This is the way things are with us. We are not arguing, the silence is not intentional. It just is. I can't handle the silence.

With R there is no silence. No secrets. I do not feel the need to walk on eggshells in his presence.



1 comment:

twisted said...

while it only takes one to talk communication takes two and it isn't something that just happens you have to work at it,,,,that said I have been in a similar situation and sometimes it is just not possible to revive an old relationship but that doesn't rule out a "new" one with the same person