Friday, October 28, 2005

An Unexpected Visitor

The knock at my door turned out to be R, he is a day early. I was startled to see him. He looked so handsome standing there, his tie was loosened, his hair was mussed. I stepped outside and shut the door, immediately wishing I had grabbed a jacket. It was 40 degrees and the only thing I was wearing was a t shirt and grey athletic shorts. My nipples were burning they were so hard. He reached out and held my left hand in his. Up until now neither of us had spoken a word.

"How are you?" I was looking down at my bare feet, I could feel his eyes peering down at me.

"I'm ok," I looked up into his eyes. We stood there for several seconds before he leaned down to kiss me gently. My heart was pounding so intensely I could almost hear it.

"Are you sure?" Glints of light were reflected out of his eyes. I shook my head yes. I leaned into him and placed my free arm about his waist. "Damn, your freezing! You're going to catch pneumonia. I'll call you when I get home, ok?" R squeezed me tight as I nodded my head once again. I looked up into his eyes one last time, such amazing brown eyes. He kissed me one last gently lingering kiss and turned to leave.

I quickly opened my door and stepped back inside.

No comments: