Monday, January 02, 2006

Unexpected Conversation

R was waiting for me at the door to the pub, as usual I was running a little late. "What time is it?" I asked as I got within speaking distance.

"Where's your watch?" he smiled. I stopped mid step and looked at my wrist. He had bought me the watch because I always ask him what time it is. It was sitting in my armoire.

"It's in my armoire," I closed in the gap between us and put my hand on his arm.

"Are you ok Honey Girl?" he was looking into my eyes, but I was looking down at the ground. Wrapping his arms around me, he gave me a nice tight squeeze. "Tell me what's wrong,"

"I don't know what's wrong with me today," and I honestly didn't either. So many adverse emotions tumbling inside me. R kissed me on the forehead and guided me into the pub.

As we sat in our usual booth near the back he said to me "you're going to start your period."

"What??" This was one conversation I had never had with him before. I was actually kind of embarrassed.

"I can tell, you always get like this." The waitress appeared and he ordered our drinks. Waiting for her to leave, he continued "You get all pouty and depressed. And you wear black."

I looked down. I was wearing a black turtleneck sweater with my black boots. I looked across the table at his evil grin and laughed, I couldn't help it. He was 100% correct, he knew me better then I knew myself. "Well, you know what that means don't you?"

"Yeah, we're going to head to my house as soon as we finish our drinks," he winked, I smiled and rubbed my foot against the inside of his leg.

No comments: